How to make a flow map
To visualize and publish a data set as a flow map you need to have a Google account. Sign up here if you don't.
Follow these steps:
If you are not comfortable uploading your data to Google Sheets, consider using our In-browser flow map or load CSV files from any specific URLs as described here.
- Open the template spreadsheet
- Make a copy of it (find “File” / “Make a copy…” in the menu)
- Add data to the new spreadsheet. Read more…
- Click the “Share” button, then change the selection from “Restricted” to “Anyone with the link” in the drop-down under “Get link”. Read more…
- Copy the link to your spreadsheet and paste it here:
These tools might help you preparing and visualizing your data:
Can help you finding the geographic coordinates for locations if you only have their names in your dataset.
Use it when your movement counts are represented as an OD-matrix.
With this tool you can visualize OD-data directly in your browser without having to upload the data to Google Sheets.